Preceptor & Site Direct Referral Program
Due to many requests and much demand, we are excited to announce that we have started the Preceptor & Site Direct Referral Program for medical practices! We think your practice would be a perfect partner with us! We understand that practices are often inundated with calls, visits, and emails requesting clinical preceptors. Let us take this off of your hands! We will provide this service free of charge to any clinical practices who regularly precept students.
How the PreceptorLink®️ Preceptor & Site Direct Referral Program works:
- PreceptorLink®️ can manage your preceptor requests so you don't have to! Free up valuable staff time which reduces practice costs
- Offices can:
- Tell students to complete the Direct Referral Preceptor Form from our website (link)
- Put a link to the page for the Direct Referral Preceptor Form on their website
- Email students a link to Direct Referral Preceptor Form on our website or have students fill out the Direct Referral Form.
- Then let PreceptorLink®️ do the rest! Your office just helps with signatures, coordination, and, of course, your valuable precepting!
- PreceptorLink®️ will:
- Keep a profile of each preceptor and his/her requirements and preferences for students
- Manage student and school inquiries about precepting
- Screen students and accept only the ones according to your availability, requirements and with your permission
- Help manage students who you know you want to accept
- Manage students who you wish to decline
- Assist with the paperwork. Paperwork can be burdensome and frustrating to complete time and time again. We can help ease and streamline this process.
- Correspond with the appropriate party/parties- within the site for paperwork, etc;
- Keep a calendar of students coming to you which will be shared with your site.
- PreceptorLink®️ can provide an honorarium to the preceptor, the site, or a donation to charity for the preceptor's time and expertise. Honorariums can be split as well. This cost will be passed to either the school or student as part of their education. We believe there is value in precepting! Our costs will be added to the honorarium amount, but since it is a direct referral, our fees to the school/student may be lower than if they came to us for their preceptor search. There is no cost to the practice for these services.
- We will need a current W-9 on whoever receives the honorarium.. The site/preceptor does not need to collect any monies, but they will receive an honorarium for their time and expertise if desired!
- Honorarium amounts are up to the individual preceptor or site. It is our desire to keep fees moderate because generally, these costs are reflected back onto the student. We suggest honorariums between $500-$1000 per clinical rotation, but again, this is up to the preceptor to determine. We will add our fees to this charge. (Nurse Practitioners usually attend clinicals 2-3 times/week for 2-3 months; Physician Assistants and Medical Students generally attend daily for several weeks straight.)
- If no honorarium is desired/allowed, just our management fee will be passed onto the school/student
- If you/your site don't desire/accept honorariums, and you don't want the cost passed onto the student/school, we can manage students for a fee. Please contact us directly to discuss this.
- We can provide preceptor education and handouts.
- Preceptors will receive feedback on the student's experience.
- PreceptorLink®️ is building a state-of-the-art platform designed to simplify and streamline the preceptor process for all involved. Help us design what you need!
- We pride ourselves in excellent customer service! Our goal is to create relationships for a lifetime.
- PreceptorLink®️ is #1 in the preceptor-matching business in the United States. We have been in the preceptor-matching business for 5 years, and no one knows the world of precepting like we do! We are founded and owned by a seasoned doctorally-prepared nurse practitioner has studied and who understands the many complicated issues involved. We are continually trying to find ways to improve this process and are passionate about finding solutions to the preceptor problem.