Why Precept an NP Student
- We need well-prepared NP clinicians!
- If your office is considering hiring an NP, it can be a great way to "test the waters" relatively risk free and you can get an honorarium for doing it!
- Sharing your knowledge and experience through teaching can be very rewarding.
- Precepting can help you stay up-to-date on clinical information and resources.
- NP students can assist in patient education development.
- NP students can help document patient histories.
- Patients often love working with students because they can take more time with them.
- Patients are often impressed that the site is a "teaching facility."
- Nursing schools often provide incentives to precepting including: Access to school resources (Sports, theater, Up-To-Date, Epocrates...), adjunct faculty status, access to CE, opportunities to to take courses, and more. Ask us about preceptor incentives!
- You may be able to earn accreditation credit for precepting.
- It feels good to give back! After all, someone precepted you!
QUESTIONS? Call Us!